Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tomorrow's the day!

Well, tonight is officially my last night in the States for a few months! I'm happy this day has come... it's been a roller coaster ride for sure. I'm just hanging out with my mom at home after having a nice dinner with my dad, step brother, and future (step?) sister in law! I've been packed for a few days, so now I am just double checking that I have everything and charging all my electronics. It's nice not having to run around packing tonight, so I'm really happy I did most of my packing on Sunday. Really though, it didn't take long to pack at all.

I'm pretty excited about how I've packed everything! I have all my clothes in Space Bags that you roll out all the air from, so that has made things easy. I have a lot of my clothes in a duffle bag I got for Christmas, and some of my clothes and all my shoes in my big suitcase. This way I will only be rolling around one thing, and will only have 3 bags total. Most of all, I'm really excited to only have my backpack with me while I'm in the airports! It will be nice only worrying about one bag while I'm waiting in Chicago for 4 hours... hehe.

So I guess this will be my last post until I'm in Olomouc! Here's how the next two days are going to go:

  • Arrive at Muskegon Airport a little after 8:00 tomorrow morning and check in for flight.
  • Fly out at 9:58, arrive in Chicago at 9:53 (back in time! :-P)
  • Hang out at O'Hare in Chicago, and fly out at 2:37. Fly for 8 hours to Frankfurt, Germany.
  • In Frankfurt for about 3 hours, then fly to Prague at 8:40 am. Arrive at 9:40.
  • Once in Prague, take bus to main train station to buy a train ticket to Olomouc.
  • Arrive in Olomouc around 2.5 hours after leaving Prague, on whichever train I buy a ticket for.
It will be a very long day... almost 2 days! I am hoping I'm in Olomouc by 3:00 pm... and I'm confident I can do that if my flights are all on schedule and customs and baggage claim go quickly. I am thankful I have long layovers both in Chicago and Frankfurt. That way I won't have to rush at all.

And this is it! I'll write when I'm in Olomouc! "See" you then! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment