Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowpocalypse and some movement with my visa

Good morning all. I hope those of you in the midwest survived the colossal storm we had yesterday! I really don't think it was as bad as they were saying, but there is plenty of snow here anyway. And, I hope those of you in school (college and high school!) are enjoying your snow day! You're most likely still in bed... I do wish I was at MSU to enjoy this almost historic snow day, but alas I am home still working on making sure I leave on Friday.

I just wanted to do a quick update if any of you are watching my story closely... I don't want to be too much of a news reporter! After writing to the US Embassy in Prague yesterday, they replied early this morning also giving the option of FedExing my passport back to the US once I am in the Czech Republic. That is, of course, in the case my visa doesn't come - but I still have faith! I have even more faith because then I got an email from my coordinator at Palacky University telling me she got word from the university coordinator that they have urged the immigration police to rush their student's visas. So hopefully this gets a move on things! The embassy, immigration police, and Palacky don't really want me to send my passport home after I get there, but they all tell me to follow the instructions of the Consulate in Chicago. So, I emailed them and will call them in a few hours - they aren't open yet, and who knows what it's like after that blizzard! :) Either way, I think I will be driving to Chicago to get my passport tomorrow and fly out on Friday!

Keep your fingers crossed... I'll update as I get more info!

2 comments:

  1. yayy!! I'm so glad your feeling positive, and things seem to be going your way =D nobody messes around with kellie...she knows her stufff!!! Youll have an amazzzing time and I know youll get so much out of it!! I'm so excited for you and hope you have a fantastic adventure! I will miss you loads <3

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kellie, You need to check to see if the consulate will be open. Aleza is heading to Japan and she got a call that the consulate will be closed until Thursday. Good luck. "Miss" Anna

    ReplyDelete